Our mission at Hound Lane is to help people create the best life possible for their dogs.Bradley Taylor
Founder, Hound Lane
Life is not black and white and the decisions before us can be complex. No dog owner is formed as the perfect being, understanding everything there is to know about providing perfect dog care in all cases.
We want to “meet you where you’re at” – whatever stage that is. Our principles guide us to help ourselves and our community to move along to the next level of understanding.
As dog carers, we think we attract like-minded people who think about things mostly as about moving from left-to-right on the table below. From things we want to be less-about, to things we want to be more about. Along the way there isn’t judgment – just facts, care and a curiosity to always do better.
You are less About
- Trying to fight nature with harsh chemicals and medicines at all costs
- Gimmicks and marketing hype that have little basis of evidence
- Dogs as play things and puppets for our amusement
- Health and wellbeing only being available to an exclusive few
You are more About
- Respecting nature and preferring biologically appropriate approaches
- Using science, research and technology responsibly
- Dogs being part of the family, yet, retaining their doggy sense of self
- Making quality information, products & services available to as many people and their dogs as possible
Our principles guide us to believe in the following.
- Following a biologically appropriate diet
- Treating dogs as lifelong companions, deeply connected to our lives
- Respecting the need for dog-to-dog socialisation
- Stimulating and nurturing the mental wellbeing of dogs in our care
- Aspiring to provide them freedom from pain, disease and poor health
How we work at Hound Lane
- Leading with creativity and invention
- Bouncing back from our false starts
- Knowing when to break the rules
- Empathising with our community
- Working fast without sacrificing service
- Being flexible about what success looks like
- Putting honesty and transparency first
- Maintaining individual perspective within a team
- Innovating rapidly and executing brilliantly
- Being forever curious